“There are two primary choices in life; to accept conditions as they exist or accept the responsibility for changing them.
The best time to plant a tree was twenty years ago, the second best time is NOW.”
- Hold a discussion forum with local environmentalists presenting their views and guests donating a participation fee to Role Foundation students’ education.
- Nominate a work colleague who is a role model for local environmental action for a Role Models award
- Create a sponsorship program at your workplace – one student’s food, transport and accommodation costs amount to approximately Rp. 1,000,000 per month.
- Do a computer drive for unused computers and laptops to be donated to our student programs.
- Raise money to support a students’ accommodation costs to allow more students from remote areas to join our programs – Rp.500,000 per student per month
- Host a Role Foundation donation box or raffle activity at your venue.
- Donate a percentage of a particular product item to Role Foundation education programs.
- Donate a % of your product sales to Role Foundation
- Hold a discussion forum with local environmentalists presenting their views and guests donating a participation fee to Role Foundation students’ education
- Do a computer drive for unused computers and laptops to be donated to our student programs
- As a guest speaker donate your time and skills to come and talk to our students on women’s and/or environmental issues
- Donate money to help us cover operational costs
- Account Name : Yayasan Role
- Bank : Permata Bank
- Branch : Sanur, Bali, Indonesia
- A/C No. : 5801231804
- Swift Code : BBBAIDJA
Send a Cheque
C/- Role Foundation 22 Siligita St. Nusa Dua, Bali Island Indonesia 80361
“make a donation” with paypal on the right
Role Foundation receives volunteers or all ages and backgrounds, onsite and abroad. To volunteer with us email your enquiry to email@example.com
Become a Member
- Become a Member for $100/year
- Become a Founding Member for $500 (one-off)
- Host a special fundraising event
- Host a donation box at your place of business
- Join our Opt-In program for your guests (for hotels/restaurants/spa)
Buy or Help us to Sell Merchandise (hand-made by our students)
Our Social Business Development Program teaches women to produce, market and sell eco-friendly products such as organic soaps and herbal teas, bags made from 100% recycled materials, and traditional textiles from naturally dyed organic cotton and silks. You can support our student’s education by buying these products at BaliWISE or ISEC campuses or online at our website.
Sponsor a Student. Sponsor a School.
- Create a sponsorship program at your workplace – one student’s food, transport and accommodation costs amount to approximately $100 per month.
- Support a students’ accommodation costs to allow more students from remote areas to join our programs – $50 per student per month
- Sponsor a local School (approx. 150 kids) to partake in the Eco-Kids Interactive Environment, Diet and Exercise Initiative – $200 per month
Become a Project Partner (Corporate Community-Business Sponsorship)
Over the last 5 years ROLE Foundation has established partnerships with local business and community organisations to support ongoing education programs for local people. Rotary Club Nusa Dua, Bali; Coca Cola Amatil; and AYANA Resort and Spa have partnered with ROLE directly to support environmental programs, community literacy classes and vocational training for local people.
Expressions of Interest (EoIs) for Major Sponsors (>80% program expenses) can be directed to the CEO via our Contact form
Earth Day 2013 in Bali will have soul. April 20th Yayasan Rivers Ocean Land Ecology (ROLE) teams up with the Solemen and the Earth Day Network movement ‘a billion acts of green’ to secure a healthy future for all and encourages everyone to make a pledge to Mother Earth.
The Pledge, a secret promise between the individual and Mother Earth, should say how they promise to take care of Mother Earth over the next year.
So far Fontana Hotel Kuta, Alila Villas Uluwatu and Aston Bali Beach Resort and Spa, Nusa Dua have agreed to be collection points for the pledges. Role Foundation and Solemen are asking more Hotels and Businesses to come on board as well.
The Solemen and Solegirls will kick of their barefoot walk to collect the Pledges in Jimbaran on April 17th, finishing at Uluwatu for the day. They will stop at participating Hotels and Businesses collecting the Pledges. On the 18th they will walk from Uluwatu to Nusa Dua, and on the 19th from Nusa Dua to the Aston Bali Beach Resort and Spa in Tanjung Benoa. Then on the 20th from Tanjung Benoa the barefoot Solemen team will arrive at the Eco Park (Island Sustainability Education Center) carrying all those pledges. For everyone who is outside the Jimbaran, Bukit and Tanjung Benoa area the pledges can be sent to ROLE Foundation (Jl. Siligita 22, Nusa Dua, Bali) or simply brought to the event.
On the day of the Earth Day celebration – the 20th of April at 3pm, Mangku Made Ariawan will offer all of those collected pledges to the Gods in a Ceremony.
The same day will also be an open day for kids, families and individuals, with sustainability workshops, a martial arts demonstration, games, live music by local artists and more. Workshops and games will start at 2pm to 5pm and entertainment from 4pm until late.
ROLE Foundation and the Solemen is inviting everyone to make a pledge to Mother Earth and to come to the Island Sustainability Center Saturday, April 20th, for a great relaxing fun day! Find the event on Facebook here.
Collection Points for the Pledges and stops for the SOLEMEN are:
1. INTERCONTINENTAL BALI RESORT: Jalan Uluwatu 45, Jimbaran
2. FOUR SEASONS HOTEL AND RESORT: Jimbaran Bay, Jimbaran, Kuta Selatan, Bali
3. AYANA RESORT AND SPA: Jalan Karang Mas Sejahtera, Bali
4. ANANTARA BALI ULUWATU RESORT AND SPA: Jl. Pemutih – Labuan Sait, Uluwatu
5. ALILA VILLAS ULUWATU: Jl. Belimbing Sari, Br, Tambiyak, Desa Pecatu, Uluwatu
6. SEMARA LUXURY VILLA RESORT: Jl. Pantai Selatan Gau, Uluwatu
7. BALI BUDA: Jl. Raya Uluwatu, Br Wanagiri, Nusa Dua, Badung Bali, Indonesia
8. SILLY SNAIL CAFE: Jl. Siligita 22, Nusa Dua
9. ASTON BALI BEACH RESORT AND SPA: Jl. Pratama 68X, Tanjung Benoa – Nusa Dua
10. CONRAD BALI: Jl. Pratama 168, Tanjung Benoa, 80363
11. MELIA BENOA: Jalan Pratama, Tanjung Benoa, 80363
12. THE WESTIN RESORT, NUSA DUA: Kawasan Pariwisata Nusa Dua, BTDC Lot N-3, Nusa Dua 80363
13. BIMC HOSPITAL, NUSA DUA: Kawasan BTDC Blok D, Nusa Dua
14. HOTEL SANTIKA – SILIGITA, NUSA DUA: Jl. Siligita, Nusa Dua
15. ECO PARK, Jl. Celagi Nunggul 101, Sawangan, Nusa Dua
Collection point but no SOLEMEN stop:
FONTANA HOTEL: Jalan Dewi Sri Kuta 80361
An unforgettable Experience – My name is Wayan. I am one of the students of the Environmental Ambassador Training Program at Role Foundation which teaches the skills and knowledge of the principles and practicals of permaculture, waste management and how to take care our mother earth. My experience in the course was unforgettable. I did the Permaculture Design Course at Jiwa Damai Foundation, Mambal Ubud from February 24 to March 11, 2013. The teachers were Rico Zook and Jeremiah Kids. It was an amazing group of people. I really appreciated the effort to create comfort and safety. It was a great blessing to eat the meals together, sing together, and we also learnt how to survey sites, analyse their needs, develop plans for spaces, implement change, and evaluate efficiency and efficacy. Permaculture is a sustainable design science rooted in observation of natural patterns. For example, the same branching pattern of a tree is present in every river as well as in our own bodies- the patterns maximises edge, increases diversity, and serves at least a dozen other functions. The concepts of diversity increasing stability of natural living systems and edge increasing diversity are core permaculture teachings. Permaculture is what our ancestors knew when they lived in villages, made their own things, and grew their own food. It is the art of respecting nature and work with it, rather than against it.
We also did field trips, by visiting places and people who are really doing it, we could see, hear and feel how the ideas and philosophies of sustainability, permaculture came into real life. We visited Made Cakra (Tri Hitakarana Foundation), IDEP (local NGO), and the Green School.
I enjoyed the certification programme very much. This course was wonderful. All materials and teachers were fantastic, knowledgeable and intelligent. I love the site where we did the course and I thanked to the founder of Jiwa Damai Foundation, and hope she will invite more local people (Balinese) to come and attend this kind of course. I thank to Margret, the caretaker.
I also thank to ROLE Foundation, I really appreciate that ROLE gave me an opportunity to attend the PDC, I was very lucky that time. Once again, thank you for the kindness of ROLE Foundation. I really need your supports and guidance, in the hope I can spread and use the knowledge and skills for the people in my village.
Eco Surf Rescue Canggu, one of ROLE’s Coastal Environmental Projects, celebrated World Water Day with Beach Clean Up, Tree-planting, Paddle Out Celebration and a sunset music session Fundraiser at Deus ex Machina in Canggu on March, 24th.
50 locals joined in to collect 40 reusable bags full of rubbish, sent for processing at Recycle Centre Eco-Bali . 10 Ketapang (Sea Almond) trees were planted for beach habitat restoration, reducing erosion caused by reef damage and providing oxygen and cool shade for Bali’s beach-goers.
The day concluded with a fundraising event at Deus ex Machina. Eco Surf Rescue Canggu aims for clean beaches and waterways and a healthy environment in the Canggu-Brawa area. The organizers are very thankful to all the sponsors, supporters and volunteers to make this great event possible!
Sea Sentosa, Journey SurfBoard, Sentosa Seminyak, Fusion Free Diving Yoga, Bungalow Cafe, Bambooku, Filtrate Sunglasses, Betlenut Cafe, Duderinas, Snaffle, Rob Peetom, The Canteen, Watercress, Artist Maek, Indosurfphoto, Bali Surfing Tours, Deus ex Machina, Mick Curley, Desa Seni, Eco Bali, Canggu Surf Community and the Music Bands.