The Clean Ocean Diveathon
This event is for Dive Centres to participate in; showing their support for a clean ocean and their commitment to reducing waste in their own business. Secure the future of your dive business by joining us and reducing waste in Bali. If we don’t reduce our waste now, then the number of tourists will drop, could your business survive a drop in tourism? If the answer is no, then please join us and help reduce waste is Bali.
Our goal is to reduce waste and prevent it from getting into our ocean: by creating an educational and demonstration centre in Bali which will train local governments/Banjars, schools and local businesses. This training will teach trainees what trash is, why it is harmful to our environment and how we can recycle it. To enable this centre to be fully operational we need your support.
Why should your dive centre join the Clean Ocean Diveathon?
- To do the right thing for the environment
- Your customers deserve to dive in a clean ocean
- So we can go diving in a healthy clean ocean
What are the benefits to your dive business?
- Links to ROLE, Blue Azure, Trash Heros, Social Impakt, Clear Oceans and other supporting partner’s websites
- Updates via a blog to your website from the ROLE website
- Social media updates and tags via facebook and Instragram
- Commitment to a ‘Better Bali Award’ (certificate)
- Securing the future of tourism in Bali
The Ocean Diveathon 2017
In 2016 we asked you to do ocean and beach clean ups. This year we are asking you to be more proactive by eliminating waste in your business in addition to the clean ups:
- Eliminate plastic /single use/non degradable straws in all areas of your business
- Eliminate plastic bags in all areas of your business
- Eliminate plastic water bottles in all areas of your business
- Set up a water refill station in your business
- Join the ‘zero waste to ocean’ training with ROLE
- Set up waste segregation in your business
- Take part in at least one beach/ocean clean up every month for the duration of the Diveathon
- Points will be awarded for each category which has been implemented and when it was implemented.
- The event starts on June 8th and runs until the end of August.
- Points allocation = 100 per category (pro rata for date of implementation)
- Maximum points = 700 if each category was implemented from June 8th
- The winner will be the dive centre with the most points
- In the case of a tie break, the winning dive centre will be the one which collected the most trash from clean ups, so don’t forget to submit records of your clean ups.
Here is what you have to do:
- Get your team together!
- Register now through this website (Application Form Below)
- Start planning your implementation program to maximise points
- Submit your progress monthly for all categories to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Clean Ups
- Be prepared with the right equipment to collect trash
- Collect the trash
– Separate the trash
– Weigh the trash by type: hard plastics, soft plastics, carton/paper, plastic bottles, metal, glass and others
– Submit Data to Role Foundation -> email@example.com
For additional guidelines on carrying out a successful clean up, email Mike at firstname.lastname@example.org. Trash weight data must be submitted to Role Foundation by the 28th of September, 10am to email@example.com.
Winning Dive Centre
- An Artificial Reef with the winning Dive Centre’s name on it and the First Prize Trophy
- The 2 runners up will each receive prizes
- Each dive centre can nominate one member of staff for an individual prize based on their exceptional commitment to the event
Cost to Join the Event
- Rp. 500,000 per dive centre to join this event
- Our target is to raise a minimum of 20m Rupiah
- If any dive centre manages to raise additional funds by holding in-house events or competitions, further prizes may be awarded to those who have raised the most
How to Pay the Registration Fee?
- By Bank Transfer to:
Account name: Yayasan Role Bali
Bank name: Permata Bank
Branch: Nusa Dua, Bali, Indonesia
Account No: 5801231804
Swift Code: BBBAIDJA
- PayPal to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Going to Role Foundation Office at:
Jalan Siligita, No 22, Nusa Dua, Bali (next to Cocomart)
Who joined up so far: