Set in the Sawangan Hill Side overlooking Nusa Dua with views to Penida Island and on a clear day Lombok Island, Role Foundations runs the Zero Waste to Oceans Education and Demonstration Facility.
Role Foundation raises funds through interactive education and tours to help pay for it’s local children’s and Bali wide councils Waste Management Education programs.
Interactive Tours can be part of your MICE visit to Bali or an Educational Tour or a Team Bonding/Building Exercise.
We have set programs or we can help you organise an original interactive tour around a specific topic or activity.
Group Discussion –
- What are the global environmental issues that are effecting our beautiful Mother Earth and the future of mankind. Ask the group? Write on the white board. Discussion.
- What can we do locally that will help the global health of the environmental situation? Ask the group? Write on the white board. Discussion.
Pick 3 of the 5 work shop options below in advance –
- Composting – Group are taught layered composting and the use of micro organism.
- Plant a Seedling – Group is taught about seed banks and how to plant a seedling.
- Seed Ball – Group is taught about seed ball reforestation system and how to make a seed ball.
- Tree Planting – How to plant a tree, where and why.
- Organic Cement Walls – How to build an organic cement wall.
This is a 2.5 hour interactive tour with a refreshing drink and Balinese Cakes serve after the group discussion.
Group discussion –
- What is Waste? How many types of waste are there?
- What are the problems associated with poor waste management?
- How to handle Solid Waste? Separate into Recycleable, Non-Recyceable and Organic matter
Waste to Wonder Trail –
- Waste separation
- Organic matter to composting……Layered composting
- Seed bank
- Seedling Hut – plant a seedling.
- Seed Ball – Seed ball competition.
- Plant nursery – useful plants.
- To the table
At the end of the interactive workshops the children are gathered together and asked what they learnt from today and how they can help in their own town.
- Beach Clean Up
- Outside tree planting
- Building Construction at Orphanage
- Organic cement walls
- Garden bed and tree planting at orphanages and kindergarten
- Global Warming?
- Ocean trash?
- Where does the liquid waste go?
- Environmental Snakes and Ladders
- Question and Answer
- King of the Castle
- Half day activity (morning or afternoon: max. 3-4h): Can be Exchange for change, workshops or Zero Waste Center activities. 2.30 to 4 hours includes Afternoon Tea and Bali Cakes and fruit. Rp 250,000 Pax
- Full day activity (morning + afternoon: Max. 8-9h): Can be the combination of the activities mentioned above. Rp 450,000 pax includes morning and afternoon tea and Balinese cakes
- Lunch incl. drinks/snacks (Local food with enough vegetarian options and fish or chicken) Rp 100,000 pax 2 course
- Dinner incl. drinks (Local food with enough vegetarian options and fish or chicken) if lunch and dinner requested on one day it should be different meals.Rp 120,000 pax 3 courses
- Show from Bali WISE students: Show can be a dance, game, presentation or a song the Bali WISE Students prepared (to have a nice finish of the activity) Rp 50,000 pax
Contact:- Mike O’Leary E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Telp: +62 819 3311 3229