Call to Action
- WASTE MANAGEMENT – Local Councils are the government level that provide 95% of the waste management services across Bali and greater Indonesia.
- GOVERNANCE – It has become apparent over 12 years of experience in waste management programs and projects, that most of the 280 Councils (Desa) and 710 Sub Councils (Banjar) of Bali do not have the skill sets and management to give the usual services that councils provide their people. Besides Professional Waste Management services, town planning, drainage, sewerage, water, parkland and footpath, beautification, building approval, health and hygiene are mostly not managed properly. (There are a few exceptions.) This story is very similar across the Archipelago.
- SKILLS – We must instill basic Engineering, Governance, IT, Management, Planning & Reporting and Transparancy skills back into these Councils, so as to have Effective Waste Management and stop the bleed of waste into our rivers and oceans. (Along with the other services.)
- WASTE SERVICES – We have proven that if rubbish bins and collection services are available, 90% of the peoples will use them.
- CHILDREN & YOUTH – A change of mindset on waste management in general is needed, starting with the children and youth.
- JOBS & BUSINESS – If we clean up the waste but do not have sustainable jobs and business, then the natural environment will be destroyed by people trying to survive.
- WOMEN – We must skill up and promote women so they can participate in the decision making processes, contribute to community and earn reasonable incomes for effort.
Zero Waste to Oceans
Interactive Waste Management Education and Demonstration to School Children; Zero Waste to Oceans, Waste Management Systems Implimentaion Education, Research and Demonstration to Local Governments; Zero Waste to Landfill for Hotels and Businesses.
Sustainable Business Development
–Help with Start Ups from Overseas Business Investors, Local Business Start Ups and Established Businesses wishing to be Sustainable. Business Education for Indonesian Small Business. Environmentally Healthy Jobs and Business for the Financially Challenged.
NGO & Org Networking & Awareness Campaign
Network and work together with all NGOs, Organizations, Groups and Individuals for positive change to a healthy Environment. Awareness campaigns about solutions for a Healthy Environment.
Jalan Siligita, No. 22